Audi Born-Digital Award is a direct reaction to a rapidly changing context which calls for a timely response to the unprecedented pandemic and retreat to online of major cultural institutions and artists. It also offers the opportunity to comprehend the possibilities and modes of digital art on the Web, the ways of producing new significant connections and experiences with it.
Cosmoscow Foundation for Contemporary Art Curator:
“Today, digital art promptly affects culture and offers new forms of interaction with viewers. Once again, the latest digital technologies and media capture the minds of new generations of artists. Recent events related to the global pandemic result in new conditions for self-isolation, social distance, and remote functioning of all contemporary art actors; facilitate new experiments with creating and displaying art online.That is why Audi Born-Digital Award initiative aims to provide global support for new experimental strategies and tactics in the art among digital natives generation and to create favorable conditions for their development and creative fulfillment.”
The main theme of Audi Born-Digital Award 2020 is 'Borderline'. It welcomes artists to reflect on the possibilities for born-digital-art to exist not only on the Web but also in physical reality; to explore the proximity of the virtual and offline worlds; to make a statement about the borderline and ultimate states of not only digital art and media art but also the new world in which we find ourselves.
Lubomir Najman, Head of Audi Russia:“Audi is a forward-looking brand that uses cutting-edge technology, innovation, and digital solutions that are already changing our future and vision. We always strive to be one step ahead and predict the trends of tomorrow. The creation of digital art objects combines classic visual techniques and the latest technology. We are pleased to support talented artists who integrate digital solutions into art, changing the traditional approach to the perception of an artwork and the format of interaction with the audience.”
Audi Born-Digital Award Jury:
- Ben Vickers, curator, writer, explorer, publisher, technologist and luddite; CTO at the Serpentine Galleries in London, Co-founder of Ignota Books and an Initiator of the open-source monastic order unMonastery.
- Karen Archey, art critic, Curator of Contemporary Art, Time-Based Media at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
- Nadim Samman, art historian, Curator for digital space of KW Institute
- Aristarkh Chernyshev, artist, curator, pioneer of network art, Co-organizer of the Electromuseum
- Melanie Bühler, Curator of Contemporary Art at Frans Hals Museum, Haarlem, Founder of Lunch Bytes
- Daria Mille, Curator and Research Associate at the ZKM | Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe
- Alexander Burenkov, art writer, researcher, Curator of the Cosmoscow Foundation
- Simon Rees, Artistic Director of the Cosmoscow Art Fair
- Margarita Pushkina, Founding Director of the Cosmoscow Art Fair and the Cosmoscow Foundation
- Lubomir Najman, Head of Audi Russia
Please find further details about the award on the website: audiborn.digital.2020-06-18 12:59